Wednesday 23 March 2016

THINGS THAT GET ME THROUGH MY BAD DAYS!

One thing that I always remember that my doctor told me about my anxiety is that I would have bad days but I would also have good days. When I have bad days, I just want to hideaway from everything and everyone. I'm that person that never turns to people if I'm feeling down because I struggle to do so. But I always want people to feel like they can turn to me if they aren't feeling great themselves.

During my bad days. I will either feel really anxious or just really down to the point where my head is in overdrive with negative thoughts...bad days tend to hit me really hard. To get me through days like this, I do have things I can turn to that just help make the day a little easier to get through.


1. YouTube
Back in 2012/2013 when I first started to deal with panic attacks or just feeling really anxious, I never really knew what it was or why I was feeling like this. I would be fine in the day then when I would try to go to sleep, I would be up for hours trying to calm down. This was before I was even diagnosed with anxiety or knew what panic attacks were so it was really scary for me. One night, I decided to get my laptop and to go on YouTube. I remember watching all of the video JacksGap had uploaded and I soon felt calm and managed to fall asleep with no trouble. Then another night after that, I watched all of Joe Sugg's videos (and this was back when he first started so he didn't have many videos to watch) and that helped me too.

That was when I knew watching videos on YouTube was a good thing to turn to. Now if I feel anxious or down, I will get YouTube up and I will ever watch videos that I haven't watched yet or I will watch videos that I haven't watched in a while (especially vlogs). Joe's videos are probably my favourite to watch if I need cheering up as he is my favourite.

2. Putting On Makeup
If I feel like I am having a bad day, sometimes one of the ways to try and make myself feel better is to try and get ready for the day even if I'm not going anywhere. I actually find putting makeup on quite relaxing.  It also makes me feel like I have achieved something by finding the motivation to do it.

3. Walking/Fresh Air
Sometimes when I'm having a bad day, the last thing I want to do is leave the house...especially if my anxiety is high. Other times I want to clear my head and usually the best way to do this is walking. I live near a pond and that's usually the place I will choose to go for a walk. Around the time that I decided to get help with my anxiety, I walked around that pond pretty much everyday. Sometimes having a bit of fresh air can really help with my mood...especially if the sun is out.

4. Drinking Water
I only mainly drink water anyway but if I'm feeling anxious, I'll drink as much water as I can and that usually helps to calm me. Plus water is the best thing to drink if you have been crying because you can tend to feel drained when you've been crying and drinking a glass of water can help this.

5. Music
Listening to music is my favourite way of getting me through a bad day and also helping me feel calm when I'm feeling anxious. I tend to listen to a lot of 5SOS when I'm not feeling great as they are my favourite band. I also have a playlist on my iPod that is full of 'calming' songs such as acoustic songs. This playlist is honestly a life saver and has helped me through my anxiety and panic attacks.


Those are just some of the things that help me through bad days and I'm still trying to find new things that could help me :) If you do the same things or have other ways of helping you get through a bad day then please feel free to let me know in the comments :) x

Twitter: https://twitter.com/jodders_
Tumblr : jodderss.tumblr.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jodders_/
Bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/people/jodderss-16784105

No comments:

Post a Comment