Friday 17 February 2017

I GOT A JOB!

A year ago, I put up a post called 'Anxiety and Jobs' (http://jodderss.blogspot.com/2016/02/anxiety-and-jobs.html). In that post, I mentioned how getting a job was a terrifying thing to me and I just didn't know if I would be able to handle it.

A year on, I can now finally say that after 2/3 years, I FINALLY HAVE A JOB!! This is a really big deal for me and I just feel so positive and proud of myself for achieving something like this. I've really struggled since leaving college to build up my confidence and to cope with my anxiety but now I can say that I am starting to feel like I am in a good place for the first time in years.

I've come so far since 2014 when I was diagnosed with anxiety and even from a year ago. 2016 definitely was a bad year for me. My mental health was in the worst place it had ever been. I had no confidence, loneliness started to take over, I was so unhappy, I felt empty and lost...I felt like giving up completely.

At the start of this year, I was determined not to have another year of that. A week ago, I applied for a job at one of the local McDonald's...a week later and here I am writing a post about how I have got the job. What makes it even better is that I have a McDonald's for tea (dinner for anyone that's not from the midlands or the north 😉) every Friday anyway so I can celebrate while eating my 6 nugget meal!

I just feel so proud of myself and I'm just hoping that this is the start of me getting my life sorted out.

I will still be blogging because I just love it too much 😉 plus I still want to write posts like this to kind of show my 'journey' (if that's what you call it) as a way to help me and to help other people.


xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment