Monday 23 January 2017

2016 ALBUM FAVOURITES!

At the start of last year, I did a post about my favourite albums from 2015 (which you can check out here if you would like to - http://jodderss.blogspot.com/2016/01/favourite-albums-during-2015.html). So because it is now 2017, I thought I would do the same again but obviously with albums that I was loving last year.

Little Mix - Glory Days
I'm not someone who follows Little Mix or keeps up with everything they do but I do love their music. I loved Get Weird and it has been album that I have listened to a lot last year but I wanted to add Glory Days into this post instead. I listened to Glory Days on Spotify as soon as it came out and I'll be honest, I didn't know what to think of it when I first listened to it. The only song that I genuinely like straight away was Power. As I've continued to listen to the album, I've fallen in love with it. Power is still one of my favourites as well as Nobody Like You, Nothing Else Matter, Beep Beep and F.U.






Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
I was so excited for the release of this album! Especially after Bruno released '24K Magic' (the song). I fell in love with that song when I first heard it. What I love about this album is that it feels really old school and I'm a sucker for old school music. Fun fact, the first time I listened to this album, I was cleaning the bathroom. It has been proved that it is a great cleaning album. I am loving pretty much every song on this album! I can't sit still whenever I listen to 'Perm'. 'Versace On The Floor' and 'Too Good To Say Goodbye' are beautiful songs. 'Chunky' and 'Straight Up And Down' make me sway like I've never swayed before. It's just such a good album...I am in love.






Good Charlotte - Youth Authority
I've always love Good Charlotte! They are one of those bands that just bring me back to my childhood. I was buzzing to hear this album after hearing 'Makeshift Love'. This album did not disappoint! Every song I listened to, I would be like "Omg I love this song...it will probably be my fave"..."Okay no wait, this will be my fave"..."Okay maybe this one". 'Keep Swingin', 'Reason To Stay', 'Stray Dogs', 'The Outfield', 'Cars Full Of People' and 'War' are probably my faves...I think that list kind of proves my point ;)







Alessia Cara - Know-It-All
I love Alessia Cara! When I first heard 'Here' before it became mainstream (sorry to be one of those people), I loved it straight away. I then listened to her 'Four Walls' EP and I also loved that too. That's when she became one of my favourite solo artists. She's got such a beautiful voice. 'I'm Yours' (which was on the 'Four Walls' EP) pretty much stayed as one of my favourites when I listened to the album. 'Stone' is such a beautiful song and it became another one of my favourites straight away. The song is on my 'Calm' playlist on my iPod and it has helped through many anxious times. 'Overdose', 'Scars To Your Beautiful' and 'Stars' are always my faves too. I can't wait to hear more music from her in the future!





Blink 182 - California
Blink 182 are another band that reminds me of my childhood. I'll be honest, I was a bit worried to hear their new music because obviously Tom isn't in the band anymore and lets be honest...his voice played such a big part in old school Blink songs. When they released 'Bored To Death', I did find it weird not hearing Tom's voice but I did love the song and I couldn't help but look forward to hearing the album. When I first listened to the album, 'Home Is Such A Lonely Place' was the song that really caught my attention as it's such a beautiful song...it's still my favourite song off the album (I also have this song on my 'calm' playlist on my iPod). I also love 'Los Angeles', 'She's Out Of Her Mind', 'No Future' and 'California'.





Busted - Night Driver
I HAVE WAITED 11 YEARS FOR A NEW BUSTED ALBUM. 11 YEARS!! Obviously I am gutted that they didn't stick to their old style of music but I wasn't disappointed with this album. I've been in love with song 'Easy' since they preformed it when I went to see them last year. It's one of the few songs on the album that reminds me of their old music...it just has 'Meet You There'/'Losing You' vibes...I love it. When I first heard the album, I pretty much had 'Thinking Of You', 'New York', 'Without It' and also 'Easy' on repeat. One negative (which is probably also a positive in a way) that I do want to say is that the start of 'Those Days Are Gone' is beautiful...then just over a minute into the song it becomes upbeat and I was really disappointed with but I still like the song...I just wish they kept it as a slow song. But it's okay...I still love Busted...Matt Willis is still my husband...my love for them hasn't disappeared...they will forever be my faves.




The 1975 - I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware of It
Let's just all agree that this album is beautiful. Like it's so beautiful yet so unaware of it...see what I did there ;) No but seriously, this album is beautiful. The 1975 only went and done it again. Even when they released 'Love Me', I knew this album was going to be so good that it would mess with emotions. 'She's American', 'If I Believe You', 'This Must Be My Dream', 'Paris' and 'Somebody Else' have remained as some of my favourites ('some of my favourites' - me pretending that every song on the album isn't my favourite...I'm sorry but the album is so beautiful...all of the songs are my favourite).






State Champs - Around The World and Back
Okay first things first...Derek's voice is so beautiful...I fall in love with it every time. Okay, I'll carry on with this now. I know this album was released towards the end of 2015 but I'm not letting that stop me from adding it to this post. I didn't really listen to it properly in 2015 but last year, I was finally blessed. I actually hate myself for waiting as long as I did to listen to this album fully. I had 'Secrets' and 'Perfect Score' on repeat for pretty much the whole of 2016. 'Around The World and Back' is such a chill and beautiful song (it's another song on my 'calm' playlist). Recently, I have been loving 'All or Nothing'.






X Ambassadors - VHS 2.0

Okay, I love this band! I remember first hearing 'Jungle' (the Jay-Z remix) a couple of years ago but I never really thought about listening to X Ambassadors. It wasn't until I watched a video that Marcus Butler did about music he had been loving and he included 'Gorgeous'...I fell in love with the song and that's when I knew I had to listen to this band. 'Gorgeous' and 'Jungle' have stayed my favourites as well as 'Naked', 'Low Life', 'Unsteady', 'Feather' and 'Eye Of The Storm'.








Feeder - All Bright Electric
Feeder are a band that I have loved for so many years. They deserve so much more recognition than they get because they are brilliant! I was so glad to hear that they were finally releasing new music and they definitely haven't disappointed with this album! Most bands tend to change their music when releasing new music after not releasing any for years but Feeder haven't done that and I'm so glad they haven't. I love that they've stuck to what they know best as that's why I loved them in the first place. 'Infrared-Ultraviolet' and 'Oh Mary' were the two songs that stood out for me when I first listened to the album and I still love them now.







I have loved a lot of albums in 2016! I didn't want to make this post even longer so here is a list of more albums that I loved:

  • Jamie T - Trick
  • Pierce The Veil - Misadventures
  • With Confidence - Better Weather
  • Panic! At The Disco - Death of a Bachelor
  • The Weeknd - Starboy
  • Olly Murs - 24 Hrs
  • Green Day - Revolution Radio
  • Biffy Clyro - Ellipsis

As bad as 2016 was, at least it blessed us with good music ;) Have you loved any of these albums? Or any other albums? :) x


No comments:

Post a Comment