Tuesday 3 January 2017

GOODBYE 2016!


2016 is finally over and I'm sure many people, including myself, feel so relieved that it is now 2017. Let's be honest, Kylie Jenner was right when she said that 2016 was going to be the year of realising stuff.

For me, 2016 definitely wasn't a great a year. My mental health was in the worst place it has ever been and despite how much I wanted to give up, I got through it. Towards the end of 2016, I finally learnt to accept my mental illness. Even though I talk about it a lot on my blog, I never really wanted to accept it. I just wanted it to disappear. Except it is there. It's there and it probably won't disappear. But it can get better. 2017 is going to be the year that I focus on myself and not caring what anyone else thinks.

Even though I didn't have a great year, there were some positives to 2016.
  • I got to see two of my favourite bands (5SOS and Busted)
  • I made my first ever roast dinner and it was beautiful
  • Ashton Irwin and Joe Sugg noticed me on twitter
  • I started watching the Sidemen on youtube and their videos have honestly help me through the past few months
  • I stood up for myself against someone who wasn't very nice to me
  • I got to see my grandparents get married
  • I managed to cope 2 weeks without my parents while they were on holiday
  • I got to see friends who I rarely see anymore because of them being at uni
  • I still managed to leave the house even if I was struggling
  • My friends have been amazing and I appreciate them so much
  • I carried on even though I've wanted to give up many times
  • I started blogging again

I had high expectations for 2016 and that put so much pressure on me. I said that I wanted to get a job and wanted my life to be sorted out. As 2016 came to an end, I realised that my life isn't about all that. It's about me being healthy and happy with no matter how I am living my life. I'm just going to take 2017 how it comes and not put so much pressure onto myself :) 

So 2017 is now here and I'm feeling positive. I really want to work hard on my blog this year as I think I failed a little bit last year ;) But thank you to anybody that has read any of my posts so far, I wish you all the best for 2017 :) x


Here are some pictures from 2016...I hope my friends don't mind being on my blog ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment