Wednesday 12 April 2017

I AM 21!

Hi. It's been a while. I am sorry. But it's okay. Here I am with a new post (yay buzzing).

So yeah the title says it all. I am now 21 (*sings* and it's all downhill from heeeerrrrreeee). But yes, it was my birthday yesterday (Tuesday 11th April) so I thought I would do a post about it because why not?! And I've also really missed my blog this past month since I got this job. I'm hoping to do a post about coping with anxiety and having a job soon as well because spoiler alert...it's pretty difficult.


Anyway, back to this post...so yes I am now 21 and I had a lovely day despite the fact my anxiety kept trying to creep up on me throughout it. My mom works at a school so she gets the same holidays as the kids do and I managed to book the day off work a couple of weeks ago so we decided to go out for the day to do a bit of shopping and have a cheeky Nando's (lads lads lads).


So I woke up at half 8 in the morning. Stayed in bed until 9 because effort and motivation was non-existent. Then went downstairs to see that my mom had put up birthday banners. She also usually buys helium balloons from a local card shop so she obviously bought one that said 21 on it and a Spongebob one because Spongebob will always be cool no matter my age.


For my birthday, I knew it was time to make a big change in my life. It was time to get a new iPod. I know. It's life changing. But seriously, I've had my 4th gen iPod since my 16th birthday and I managed to smash the screen after 6 months of having it. Just some advice...don't dance on a picnic table with your iPod/iPhone in your hand because you will drop it. Oh and don't trust mud because that somehow smashed the screen. Also, tell your parents that you smashed it because you fell over. #AdviceWithJodie

Okay anyway so yeah, my parents got me a new iPod. It's weird having a proper screen and I've been so used to using iOS 6 on my iPod that I'm finding iOS 10 a struggle. But I love it anyway despite the fact I really miss my smashed up 4th gen iPod 😢



I also got some money for my birthday which I spent most of it when I went shopping...oops (lol regret nothing). I'm not joking when I added up how much the things were that I wanted in New Look, my life flashed for my eyes. But my birthday celebrations are carrying on this weekend so I needed an outfit 😇

It's so weird knowing that I am now 21. I kind of want to do a separate post about my feelings about being 21 because it's deep AF and I wanted to keep this post shallow (get it? deep and shallow? 21 and still not funny ffs). But yes I did have a good day and it was nice to spend sometime with my mom as I've hardly seen much of her this past week. It was also nice to go out for a meal with my parents and my brother because it's very rare for the four of us to be together.






I hope you liked this post 😊 I'm hoping to start get into put up regular posts. I've just really been struggling mentally recently and I've been missing my blog so much.

xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment