Friday 29 January 2016

CURLY HAIR!

On my old blog, I did a post about about what it's like having curly hair and I was pretty proud of that post so because of that, I want to post it on this blog :)

So here are 15 things of what I have to deal with when it comes to my natural curly hair!

1) Can't brush curly hair: People with curly hair know that it is a struggle to brush curly hair. If I brush my hair, it goes really bushy and frizzy and it just isn't good for my hair. The only time I brush my hair is before I have a shower and the amount of times I have feared for my hairbrushes life is unreal. I even broke my comb one time.

2) Finding the right products: For me personally, I find it hard to find the right products for me hair. At the moment, the shampoo that I am using is apparently for 'frizzy hair'...it is making my hair even more frizzy than it already is (but it smells like blueberries so I don't want to stop using it). 'Frizz-Ease'?...more like 'Frizz-Please'

3) Sleeping on it: I always love my hair just after I have washed it. The curls are usually more defined and not so frizzy. Then when I wake up the next day, the frizz and the knots have arrived...my is basically just one big mess. It's quite upsetting.

4) 'Quick' showers: When you have curly hair, there is no such thing as a 'quick shower'. My family always tease me about how long I am in the shower for but I actually can't help it. I have a lot of hair so a quick shower for me is 15-20 minutes.

5) People like to touch curly hair like they have never seen it before: I always seem to have people touching my hair. It's like they've grew up in a world surrounded by straight hair and then BOOM I appear with my curly hair and it's like a miracle has happened. The only way I can describe it is when you are sitting in lesson at school and all of a sudden it starts to snow and everyone is fascinated by the white stuff outside as if they have never seen it before.

6) Hands get stuck: When people do touch my hair, their hand always gets awkwardly stuck and they are just standing there trying to get it out. I've also managed to get my own hands stuck in my hair on a numerous occasions.

7) "Is your hair naturally curly?": I get this question a lot. I would be rich if I got a pound every time someone has asked me this question. Everyone seems to look so amazed when I answer with 'yes'.

8) "How long does it take to straighten?": This is another question that I get a lot. People then get shocked when I tell them 'Oh, just about half an hour' as they seem to think it takes days...weeks...months even. I have curly hair, not the Amazon rainforest.

9) "You are so lucky to have curly hair" "I wish I had hair like yours": I also get these said a lot. I think it's lovely when people say this but if they could actually see what's its like to deal with curly hair then they would probably take back what they said. So much time and effort goes into having hair like this and life would be so much easier for me if I did have straight hair.

10) Straightening curly hair: Like I said before, my hair doesn't take long to straighten. But it does take a lot of effort. I have to section my hair and because of this, my hair is in my face so I can't see what's going on. I have to keep straightening one piece of hair until its straight. The thickness of my hair and the heat of the straighteners really don't mix. I try and not straighten my hair too much but I like having straight hair so I am constantly debating with myself. Life problems.

11) People commenting on your straight hair but you still get offended: Whenever I've got my hair straight, people do complement me but for some strange reason, I start to get offended. Person: "Your hair looks so nice straight" Me: "Thank you" My brain: "Oh, so I don't look good with curly hair?..are my curls not good enough?"

12) Gets in everyone's faces: As well as it getting into my face all the time, it also gets into everyone else's. If I'm hugging someone, they always seem to make a comment about it getting in their face or that it's in the mouth and eyes. I wouldn't be surprised if my friends have had hairballs after hugging me.

13) Rain: Need I say more? As soon as my hair comes into contact with rain BOOM the frizz has arrived.

14) Getting things in it: I have lost count of the times I have had food in my hair. Sometimes I don't even know how it's got into my hair.

15) You can do a lot with curly hair (apparently): People always say to me that I could do so much with my hair...yet I still keep it down and curly. I don't like taking the risk of doing something with my hair then by the end of the day, it just looks a mess. Plus it might not seem like it after reading this post but I do really love my hair and I prefer it not to be styled. 


So these are the things I have to deal with when it comes to having curly hair! If anybody reading this has curly hair and have any other problems or good things with having curly hair, please let me know because I probably have to deal with the same thing haha ;) 

Here are some photo's of myself (I promise I am not vain) with my natural hair recently :) x

That one time I styled my hair...sort of...



My best look...

No comments:

Post a Comment