Friday 15 January 2016

URBAN DECAY NAKED SMOKY PALETTE!

About 4-5 years ago, if someone mentioned make up to me, I would probably look at them as if to say 'wtf'. I didn't start wearing make up until I started college and even then it was only the basics (foundation, concealer and mascara). It wasn't until I started my old blog that I started to fall in love with make up. I used to read people's blog posts or watch youtube videos and be amazed by make up and how people applied it. 

One thing I used to see people rave about was the 'Urban Decay Naked' palettes. There I was in 2014, dreaming about owning one of these palettes and having the perfect eye make up. Obviously when I first saw the price of these palettes, I knew straight away that I wouldn't be owning one any time soon. 

2015 came and with my birthday money, I decided that it was time to own a naked palette. So there I was, the day after my birthday, in Debenhams with my mom (my dad had wondered off somewhere) looking at the palettes and deciding which one I wanted to get. I decided on the Naked 2 palette as I preferred the colours in that palette. My mom didn't realise the price of the palette until the woman at the till asked for the money...I thought she was going to kill me right there and then. 

I fell in love with the palette straight away and I had decided the second I bought it that it was my favourite beauty product. Eye shadow is something I've never really had confidence with and I'm still learning now how to apply it. 

When the Naked Smoky palette came out, I knew straight away that I wanted it but obviously I didn't have the money to buy it. Luckily for me, I received a bit of money for Christmas so my first thought was "I'm going to buy the naked smoky palette". I looked on Feel Unique and noticed that it was on sale. So I managed to get it 10% cheaper than the original price. 

When the palette arrived, once again my mom judged me for spending so much on eye shadow. But that's the thing. It's not just 'eye shadow'...it's like a child (well not quite but I still look after the palette with love and care). 

Since getting the palette, I have only done my make up nearly everyday just so I could use the palette. With the palette, you get a guide with it which shows you 4 looks you can create with the palette. As I'm writing this, I have completely ignored the guide and decided to try my own look. 

I started off with the colour 'combust' over the lid and brow bone and then used 'thirteen' to highlight. In the crease, I used the colour 'dagger' and blended it in well before using 'slanted' over the lid. To add more shimmer, I added 'armor' on top of 'slanted' and I find that 'armor' is more pigmented than 'slanted'. In the inner corner of my eyes, I used 'high' which I really like to use for the inner corners. To make the crease a little bit darker, I used ' black market' and blended that into 'dagger'. This is quite a simple look and it's not too dark or over the top. 

Just like my Naked 2 palette, the colours apply really well and you can create so many different looks. Out of all of the Naked palettes (well I've only tried 2 so my opinion probably isn't a fair one haha) I would recommend this one. Especially if you are into the whole 'smoky' look. Once again, Urban Decay haven't failed to amaze me with how amazing the Naked palettes are. I know they are pretty pricey but they are definitely worth it. Plus you get a decent brush included with it which just makes it even more worth the money. 

Has anyone else tried this palette out? :) x







No comments:

Post a Comment